Playing the part of Vanna White today….the daughter asked if I could spell out her school name on the back of the quilt. I bought the 3″ alphabet letters a few months ago when they were on sale, because they are not exactly cheap but I figured I’d use them sometime.
This font isn’t my preference, but it’s what they have and it’s not bad….it just looks a little juvenile; I suspect it’s designed for baby quilts and so forth. The back fabric is supposed to show up today, so I’ll get those stitched on and then it will be ready to baste and quilt.
This fabric isn’t really upside down; that’s just how I apparently took the photo. I finally decided that since there isn’t a lot of white space in each block of the Bloom quilt, I would just echo around each shape.
I think the professional who quilted Lori’s also stitched around the middle circles of each one, but I wanted it to “poof” the entire flower as a set so I’m not doing that.
Obviously, I’ll never make a living for my quilting skills – haha! But I’ve quilted 5 blocks so far and I’m getting a little better with each one as I go along.