ugh hers was made from silk and mine is cotton, I liked the way she had hers quilted with just straight lines throughout. I did decide to mix mine up a bit, varying the widths throughout. I also sewed 1/4″ border around each of the blocks, and then filled in the middle with a different pattern to mix it up a bit.
It’s really windy outside today, which is where I normally snap photos of my finished quilts, so a chair in the house will have to do but hopefully you can get the idea. It’s a nice sized lap quilt. I finished it with the same backing as the last quilt and was holding my breath to make sure I bought enough fabric for both. Whew! Turned out it was fine.
I also happened to read about a quilt binding tool kit for my sewing machine and this thing is huge! I start by taking the bobbin cover off and replacing it with a base that fits in there, then screw another piece in it. It accurately folds and sews accurately on both sides. I was really impressed! I had a few bobbles but overall it turned out fine for the first try. The key I found out by accident is when I get to the corners, to take the time to sew from the stitching line out a 45 degree angle to the corner before I turn. Once I learned that trick, the corners were a breeze. I am definitely using this on as many future quilts as I can. Oh, and the strips only need to be cut to 2″ each which also saved me some fabric.