Well…everything was going according to plan yesterday. It was no time at all when I had the 4 corners paper pieced. The 4 brown “pointy things” took a little longer but at the time, they were okay. As is usually the case when something goes awry, I got distracted. I should’ve just set this aside, but instead I didn’t and the next thing I knew – if it isn’t obvious from the picture – I cut the “pointy things” too short on the sides which is why the center square was no longer square and I didn’t get it lined up correctly as a result.
Argh. I set it aside for the evening and took a break.
Back at it at lunch today, but I spent the first 10 minutes trying to find the pieces from yesterday. My sewing area isn’t that messy! I was starting to think I had accidentally tossed them when I cleaned up my scraps when it hit me. I had pinned it to the board…you know…so I wouldn’t misplace it. Whew! Back to my happy place.
I finished it up and that top left-hand corner is a little long but other than that, it came out okay. Still not perfect, but closer than it was yesterday!
I had time to spare so I got the Bloom block pieces cut, sewed, and basted into place. I still need to hand sew it into place and add sashing.
11 Comments Add yours
Some days are like that.
Progress (especially on a Monday) is definitely a “good thing”!!!!!
I also did a load of laundry today – yay me! Haha! That doesn’t always happen when it should!
So did I……but most of it was vintage pieces all prepped now for fmq!!!!! Yay me!!! LOL!!!!
So you’re one of those pre-washers. I could definitely see doing that for vintage fabric, etc. I figure if I’ve made it through a deep purple and white quilt and nothing happened, then I was good to go. I’ll get caught one of these days!
Nope…….Not a “pre-washer” but these vintage pieces needed brightening—-soaking in an Oxy Clean solution—-and some sunlight. I never pre-wash any of my piecing/quilt fabric…..I love max shrinkage for max texture (I try to add inches to the original so I still have a size that works after washing).
I love that crinkly look too!
The Bloom block is really cute!
Thank you! At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about appliqueing that many blocks but now that we’re in the home stretch – one more row to go after this week – I can say that stitching one block a week is very manageable.
I really like that butternut color you are using throughout. Looking good!
Thank you! I originally bought the fabric for the 365 challenge but quickly decided – before I started – that I had too much on my plate to start that project.