I quilted on the Bloom quilt today again at lunch and finished it up, or so I thought. I took it off the Sweet Sixteen, trimmed the 4 sides and then pinned it up to get a picture of it. (shhh….don’t tell my husband; he usually holds my quilts up for pictures and I don’t want him to think I have a backup plan!).
I stood back to see how the quilting looked as a finished product and – yikes! I saw this block. Somehow I had managed to do the echo quilting around the right side of the flower but completely missed the left side! That’s an easy fix. That’s a couple of more threads I’ll need to trim when I’m done with the quilt.
I had already trimmed it though as I said so since I’d already pieced together and ironed the binding, I went ahead and sewed it on first. I kind of needed the mental break from quilting at that point.
I did echo stitched around all of the appliqued flowers. I did traveling leaves on the sashing and then flower petals for the 2″ squares throughout the quilt. Then on the sashing, I stitched the full flower. I started at the bottom in each case and traveled up toward the quilt then stitched figure 8’s to create the flower. Then back down to add in a leaf or two and then I traveled to the right to the next flower.
So tomorrow hopefully I’ll go ahead and finish up that quilting. And then…well I guess I’ll hand bind it. I don’t have any immediate plans for the quilt so I have the time to spend on it. It shrunk up quite a bit from all the quilting. I should re-measure it once it’s all finished to see what size it is now.