I’ve learned a really important lesson from this particular quilting project. Do not quilt a vertical pattern on a quilt that needs to be continuous. I suppose I could’ve done a series of feathers inside each section but since I started off working on one of the horizontal rows I didn’t think this through like I should have. There’s been a lot of unrolling and rerolling which takes a lot of time.
I have 3 borders around this; here are all 3 together. I saw an idea for a variation on piano keys that I’m going to try sometime where it’s 2 lines that are 1/4″ apart, and then a 1″ space to the next one, followed by the 1/4″. I saw that somewhere today and it gave it a nice look.
I’m not very good at that candy stripe pattern. This picture doesn’t show the worst of it but trust me – there are some parts of it that are pretty sketchy!
I did like the way the large medium purple came out. I’ve been taking pictures as I go along because this particular border doesn’t go all the way around; it’s just in one section at the top and the bottom. When I get to the bottom of the quilt, I’ll need to remember what I did up there, so pictures are my way of taking notes.
And finally, here’s my kitty hanging out where she should not be. I don’t think she’ll do it again; she was trying to figure out how to get off of there when I caught her in the act! Our quilting bee is meeting at my house in a couple of weeks and I am moving out a twin bed I had in the room to make room for 15-20 people to sit in there instead, and I think she was looking for something to replace “her” bed.