I didn’t see any good reason to cut out 1″ strips to make this block when I could easily paper piece it. Rather than lay it out in EQ7, I just made 2 copies of the pattern, cut 1/4″ around each of the 2 main sections and paper pieced from there. I realized about halfway through that I forgot to make a mirror copy so this is actually backwards from what it should look like. The lighter blue – on the right in this picture – was the 3rd piece so basically I just cut a piece wide enough to make sure the block would end up at least 6 1/2″ and then I squared it up. So I cheated a little – haha! This block doesn’t look spectactularon its own but it blends well on the design wall with the rest of the blocks.
I have no pictures to show of this, but I’ve been working on learning a little more of EQ7 lately. I can successfully draw a New York beauty block now and I also learned how to create a pantograph.
And I saw a tip today for how to make your own color catchers on Craftsy. I actually need to make these, because there’s a boy in our house who has confused dryer sheets with color catchers. The short story here is mix washing soda (found in the laundry aisle and is not baking soda) with water and then soak squares of flannel or felt or another absorbent fabric in it. Let them dry and they’re good to go! Replace them when they’re saturated with color after using a few times in the dryer.