Thanks for the prompting, I realized I never posted photos close enough to see the fabric I used in the 2 Star Wars quilts. It’s also obvious that I haven’t trimmed the threads yet – haha!
This first one is the back to one of the quilts. My initial plan to make them slightly different from each other was to change up the backing. Who knew at the time that I would also end up changing the front design on one of them as well!
It was a quiet Thanksgiving at our house. I don’t have any relatives on my side of the family that live close to us (i.e., less than 10 hours) and my husband’s side are all grandparents so they do their own thing. Our day was probably a little less exciting then other families but it was a nice meal with plenty of time spent together.
I had one other fabric I used than what’s shown here but the quilts are upstairs and I’m downstairs and the phone is in another room and…well I’m too comfy on the couch to get up to take a picture of it now! Apparently this is the “good guys” and the “bad guys” fabric. The fabric not shown here was a comic strip fabric.
The Libs Elliott quilt is just 72″ x 72″ (I think the Star Wars quilts were around 85×100″) so it’s going really quickly, plus I’m getting faster at quilting, plus I’ve been on vacation almost all week. This is made out of cotton flannel designed by Primitive Gatherings for Moda, and it’s a lot thicker than a batik for instance. It’s so soft and has some stretch in it. I think this is going to be as comfy as any baby quilt I’ve made. It took me a row or so to get the hang of quilting on it and it’s been a learning experience but I am really glad I trusted my instinct to use this for a guy’s quilt.
I’m starting Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt tomorrow which should be fun! I haven’t started today’s Splendid Sampler quilt. It’s English paper piecing. I thought I could figure out a way to design it in EQ7 and machine sew it and I could, but it’s going to require Y seams one way or the other.