The designer blocks aren’t in their final places but the setting blocks are pretty much finalized at this point. I’m still trying to figure out where to put the final 13 blocks but now at least that I know the adjacent blocks’ colors it will actually make it easier to finish out the last dozen. I finished up block 88 tonight, which is an embroidered block but it’s drying so I’ll post a photo tomorrow.
I decided to make the setting blocks semi-scrappy. The 4 half square triangles that encompass the designers’ blocks are all the same fabric and I repeat the 5 fabrics in order. Using a variety of colors helped me even out some of the really blue blocks although I’m still working on that.