Whew! I am way behind in blogging and in reading everyone else’s blogs. January is always a really busy month between birthdays, starting work again after the holidays and so forth.
I think I have all of the setting blocks sewn now for the Splendid Sampler layout. I’m ready to start moving blocks into real places but I think I’ll still wait until all the blocks are released to start sewing just so I can make sure I’m 100% sure on where I want each of the blocks to go. After all, I have plenty of other things to work on in the meantime!
And speaking of quilt tops, I did modify this after I took this photo but En Provence is officially loaded onto the long arm and I’ve even quilted a tiny amount on it. At some point once I’ve finished quilting it, I’ll post a final photo.
The finished size of the quilt is 87″ x 87″ but I wanted it a little larger than that since it’s just shy of what works well on a queen sized bed. So I added a 1″ finished strip in the magenta around the edges (so 2″ total in length and width) and then a 4 1/2″ in cream grunge fabric (so another 9″) which gets me to 98″ x 98″. I know how I’m quilting the edges but I haven’t 100% decided on the middle portion.
Linking back to Bonnie Hunter’s page at http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/01/mystery-monday-link-up-part-6-7.html !
Somewhere in that picture of the Splendid Sampler photo is block 89 from last Thursday.
I took some liberties with how I put this block together but it doesn’t matter because it came out the same in the end. I used my AccuQuilt dies for it and since I have one for 1 1/2″ half square triangles I used that for the cream sections also instead of making flying geese like the instructions call for .
And…I realized that when I wrote out how much material I needed for the binding on En Provence, I accidentally wrote down that I needed 3 1/4 yards – for binding! And I didn’t catch that it really should’ve been just 3/4 of ONE yard. Oops!