Block# 44 – Stitch in the Garden

2016-07-16 09.27.52Ack! I nearly destroyed this block before I ever started on it.  This was almost entirely embroidery so I used the same Sulky stabilizer that I’ve used previously.  This one calls for some applique on the 3 spools so I used Heat ‘n Bond on the back of the fabric. And then….I don’t know if I was distracted or what but I attempted to press the fabric on where the wash away stabilizer was.  Bad, bad, bad mistake.  It crinkled up and was generally a mess.


2016-07-19 01.27.01Waste not, want not though so I forged ahead and made the best of it.  I did decide that I liked the fabric I used and skipped the embroidery over it because I thought it looked like thread wound around there anyway.

I finally got this one done this evening after 8 in the evening but wanted to take a picture and get it hung up on the wall.  It’s still wet from where I rinsed the stabilizer off.  I can see now that I didn’t get my stitches close enough on the stem of that middle leaf on the right.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell with the stabilizer on, but the trade-off for not transferring that entire design by hand makes it worth it!  That makes me one block behind (again – haha!)

2016-07-18 20.24.38

4 Comments Add yours

  1. I keep putting off the blocks with embroidery. .. I really just need to jump in! Yours look great!!!

    1. Thank you! This one was easier than I thought it would be. Patchwork is still my favorite!

  2. In spite of little hiccups, it’s coming along nicely.

    1. Thank you! It sure doesn’t seem like we should be halfway finished. It’s gone quickly.

Leave a Reply