I started singing “99 bottles of beer on the wall” as I was wrapping this one up while I counted down the last 4, then 3, then 2, and finally 1 block to sew. I’m going to wait a couple of weeks or so before quilting it but I’m happy that the quilt top is done.
This quilt pattern actually calls for 8″ blocks but I made 6″ blocks. And then I wanted it to end up a little larger than the original 64″ x 64″ since my nephew is pretty tall, even if it is a lap quilt. I eventually settled on 12 rows x 12 columns so it ended up 72×72″. The original pattern calls for a variation on 5 different blocks and those make up the center of the quilt. I made 3 more variations and added those around the perimeter so that the original design was intact, other than near the bottom where I needed to switch 2 rows to make the design work.