I did it! 100 blocks! And this one wasn’t as easy as it looks, thanks to 3/4″ squares in the light blue corners. I thought for some reason that Pat had the last block so I figured it would be applique but this one is actually by Kate Spain.
I wonder how many dies I used my Accuquilt dies on? I sure tried to use it on most of the patchwork blocks. I don’t know if I ever mentioned this, but initially, I thought this was an entire quilt of appliqued blocks – so I bought an entire bolt of Heat ‘n Bond. Looks like another applique quilt will be in my future since I only used a fraction of it – haha!
I went all out and bought a storage setup from Target yesterday to hold some of my dies. I also moved my books and magazines over to put on top which frees up more space on my table. I don’t have the strip dies here so hopefully at some point I’ll figure out a handy way to store those. The dies need to be stored upright so that the blades in them don’t bend and once there’s more than a couple in the stack, it gets pretty heavy!
I actually sewed a small handful of blocks together before we left for plans at a friend’s house this evening. This isn’t the exact layout but it’s probably pretty close. I decided to sew left to right starting in the middle. Then I’ll sew the row above it and the row below it and so forth. That way if I see a block that I’ve reconsidered having it close to the center, I’ll have options available to move it to another space.
I’m leaning toward a 2″ and then 5″ border, or perhaps flip-flopped. That will get me to a 99×99″ quilt which is good for a queen sized bed. I’m also going to piece some of the back.