I had 2 rows to go by the time I picked this up this evening and decided one way or the other I was going to finish the blocks tonight. I still have the borders to go but I’ve drawn something out that I’m hoping to use. I can’t believe I quilted all of that without micro handles! For the cover photo, I echoed the zig zag and then just kept it going around the rest of the block.
I decided to quilt little balls around the block with the 3 balls in it. And that block that has all the buttons in it – wow. Did the pattern call for those, or did I just throw those in for some reason? Here’s my free tip; if your block has buttons on it and you’re quilting it yourself – take all the buttons back off and put them back on when you’re done. This block in particular was a real challenge trying to work around those.
I put ribbon candy (I think that’s what it’s commonly called) on one block then realized I couldn’t see it so I added some more onto the pink. This is one of the few places where I quilted over non-neutral fabric but I think it worked. And the one that had the flying geese, I quilted triangles in every size and angle around it. Finally, for the birds I tried to quilt some movement into it to give the illusion of seeing the wind blowing around the birds.
6 Comments Add yours
The birds and plane definitely look like they are. The clouds!!! I was thinking about circles and pebbles, but I have never done them. I’ll go back and study yours again, maybe I’ll try it.😄
Awesome! One thing I do is I throw extra fabric on the sides and practice a pattern before quilting it “for real” which helps.
These came out beautiful. I really like the birds in flight.
Thank you so much!
I’m enjoying this process of quilting. 🙂
Those look like fun. Beautiful quilting job.