I’m still whittling down my 2017 UFO’s. I corrected the blocks that had a rotated piece in them yesterday and was so glad there were only a handful. That’s always a challenge trying to fix something once the whole top is finished. In the meantime, I had this kit from Libs Elliott which I bought last year and hadn’t touched other than to sort the fabrics into baggies. It only took a day, a large table – because the face is 30×40″, and some patience to get all the pieces in the right place. I had interviewed several people for what color to use in the background and the overwhelming answer was red, so any tiny variance where two pieces didn’t line up would show. I decided to satin stitch around every piece and let’s just say there are a lot of tiny pieces in this! The satin stitching took a full 3 days but when you see it close up, the result is totally worth it. I’m going to add a 10mm white crystal to the tooth and maybe some around the eyes after I’m finished quilting it. It will end up being a wall hanging once I quilt it.
I had also planned on making a weekend bag for myself, but as luck would have it, the daughter was home from college and I mentioned it to her. “Would you make one for me please?” So now she has a weekend bag, and I have none. Haha! She just knew she wanted some purple in it so I used a contrasting color for the handles and around the zipper. I really wasn’t thrilled with the grey pocket once I was done; I had picked a darker color to minimize any dirt, etc. that might be on there but it really was too dark. A lighter grey would have been better. It has a magnetic close on the outside pocket and then inside it has a zippered pocket as well. I might add an elasticized end pocket on the next one to slip a phone into or something similar. She was home for spring break and filled it up and took it back with her so she liked it, which is all that matters.
One of my classes requires a website which includes elements of a business plan. If you see some changes to the blog in the next few weeks, it’s probably related to that project.