Whew! An easy paper pieced block. Jane always has challenging blocks that really stretch my growth, but this week I saw her design and realized she gave us all a break. These always look a bit “off” when the design lines up with the edge, but when it’s sewn with the seam allowance it will make sense.
If you can’t tell, those are supposed to be 3 fat crayons. I took a leap of faith with the fabric on the right crayon and I’m not entirely crazy about it, but the good news is it won’t be noticeable amongst 99 other blocks. The middle one turned out better than expected!
I’ve been spending all of my spare time quilting on the college quilt so I didn’t work on that flower basket yet that’s still pending, but it will get done. I should be able to finish up the quilting this weekend and I’m going to machine sew the binding on it so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on that project.
I’m looking forward to seeing what they suggest for putting it together. I’m sure I’ll have sashing of some sort.
One thing I’m collecting for now with no intention of actually starting any time soon are a handful of rows and license plates for the Texas row by row.
I actually have 6 sets, but I must’ve forgotten that when I took this photo. I have another one from Giddings but it doesn’t look like the others because it’s last year license plate. Something went wrong with their order and it didn’t get completed.
There seems to be a theme going with at least a couple of them though!
I picked up a couple on a road trip I took earlier this week with some friends, and then my husband was going to be driving past a couple of shops today so he stopped in and picked a couple up for me.
He also came home with a packet that had a tote pattern, red, white and blue fabric, and a Texas themed fabric. I was totally confused because the pattern doesn’t look anything like that!
I made a quick call to the quilt shop and the owner was kind enough to email me a photo of the finished product. Aha! That makes more sense – and it’s really cute! They incorporated their license plate into the bonus kit. I was tempted to not work on quilting and make this instead but I have one too many pending projects right now so I kept at it.
It looks like an easy pattern though – easy to say when I haven’t made it!