This one was downright easy! And the one after this is patchwork so I’m hoping it’s also in the easy category.
Block # 52 is an appliqued block if that isn’t obvious. Like the ones before it, I cut out the paper copy of each piece, then traced around each piece onto the Heat ‘n Bond – did I ever mention that I completely misunderstood and bought an entire bolt of that stuff? I’ll be passing that along to my grandchildren in 30 years!
The only hard part of this block was when I was stitching around the edges and yet another bobbin busted open. I really need to quit buying bobbins at JoAnn’s and stick with the LQS where I bought my machine.
I had an easy time deciding on fabrics for this one so after I had everything laid out, I sewed a blanket stitch around all the edges, shortening the width to 2.0 for everything except the stem. It took a little longer because there was a lot of stopping and starting since that stitch starts from the right and works to the left; I worked my way around the petals in the same order and then just slipped threads when I was done.
And…my big news of the day is my friend’s husband made a wooden ruler holder for me that is 24″ long! I had one sort of like this before but it was a lot shorter and didn’t come close to holding very many rulers. I set it on the cutting board to take the picture to give you an idea of how large it is but I moved it into its regular spot after this. I love it!