I finished up my 4th row yesterday evening on the purple star quilt and then kept right on going. I’ve finally found my rhythm on making the blocks. Each block is made of 4 identical sets, and each of those sets includes 4 units.
I’ve found that making an entire row – 20 sets – was way too much at one time; I did that for row 3 and thought I’d never finish, because everything was partially done until the final seam for each block. I need more instant feedback than that! I’ve made the last several in groups of 6 sets each, or rather 1 1/2 blocks. That way I’m still finishing up a block at a time but I’m also halfway through the next block. I’ve finished 2 more over lunch today which leaves me with 3 more to go…and then I’m done with the paper piecing!