Yes, I have a mistake in there. There are so many pieces in this quilt! Bonnie surprised me yesterday morning with the final clue but also the entire layout. This is the first time I’ve ever followed in real time on one of her mystery quilts. I downloaded last year’s pattern afterwards – not sure if I’ll make it or not but I liked the pattern. But this year I did complete the blocks as they were being released.
Because I haven’t gone through one of these before, I didn’t know the layout would be included with the last clue or how long the instructions carried out. I.e., would she release portions of the layout each following week as well? Nope. By 6am it was all available and ready to be quilted…as soon as I get all of these blocks pieced together. This is going to take a while so I won’t be quilting this one next weekend!
I spent most of yesterday piecing together the last block plus cut out the yellow squares and some neutrals that fit in along the edge. I resisted the urge to go straight into piecing the first block. By the end of the day, I had one block sewn together. I woke up early this morning thanks to the weather apocalypse that was passing through and spent my last day of vacation doing a lot of sewing! Clearly, I was getting tired by the time I got to that last row. I stuck pretty close to the suggested color choices which worked out well. I’ve already had a request to make a purple quilt for a family member so this one will be given away later this year although I’ll need to add a border to it to make it long enough. The blocks are so large that I really didn’t need to add on an entire row to get it to the length requested.